7 January 2014

REVIEW: Look Beauty palette



So last week I made a trip to Superdrug and wasn't really planning to buy anything until I saw this little beauty. It contains 8 eyeshadows, 4 lip glosses and a blush. I'm not going to pretend that the colours are the most pigmented in the world (the gold is really good though), but for £4 they are pretty good, especially when used on top of a primer. The one I have is designed for green eyes, but there's also one for blue and brown eyes. What I like most about this palette is how compact it is, I have been taking this to uni with me everyday and it takes up so little space in my bag (and because it's only £4, it's certainly not the end of the world if it breaks or gets lost). There is a range of daytime and nighttime shades, most of which are shimmery (there's one matte shade, a dark brown). The lip glosses are nothing to write home about, but then, I wasn't expecting much from them anyway, I bought it for the eyeshadows. The blush is also a pretty colour, a peachy pink with very subtle gold shimmer.

Swatches of blush shade and eyeshadows

Swatches of lip glosses
If your looking for an affordable, compact palette, this is really good, it's not exactly luxury, but it is practical and good for on the go. It doesn't come with any brushes, but if I'm honest, I never use free applicators anyway so I'm not really missing out there. This palette is available from Superdrug stores and at the moment costs £4.00 buy here

No comments:

Post a Comment